Custom Dubsado Link Images For Social Sharing
If you want to share a Dubsado link with a client, you currently have no control over how the image preview appears and it will show up something like this:
Until Dubsado adds the custom URL feature I don't see a quick fix right now, and even that may not solve it as you need access to the website's metadata and header code. This is my work around to solve this. I use Squarespace, but this should work with any website builder that gives you access to the header code.
HOW I DO IT IN SQUARESPACE
1) Create a folder under "NOT LINKED" so that you can keep all these custom links organized. In this folder, create the page you want to forward to your Dubsado link, be it a form or contract of any kind.
2) Create a page in the folder and name it something that is identifiable by your or your company.
3) Click on the gear icon beside the page to open up the settings. You can either leave the URL slug as it is or give it something less easily identifiable.
4) Under the page settings, go to 'Advanced'. In the Page Header Code Injection, input this code:
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="1;url=https://YOURE LINK HERE" name="robots" content="noindex" />
5) Test the link using the Facebook Debugger to see how it will appear. Try the Debugger using this link to see how it works: www.pictureandpoet.com/test-contract
NOTES ON THE CODE:
- The <name="robots" content="noindex"> section is supposedly to keep Google from crawling the page.
- The number in <content="1;> will determine how long until your page will redirect to the Dubsado page.
Depending on the website builder you use this may be easier or harder, but it's what works for me for now. Hope this helps!
Original metadata code sourced from stackoverflow.com